Saturday, November 6, 2010

Young People Creating Art I Love

I bought this awesome little toaster from Tiphoni Moore at the vendor sale during Journalfest. Tiphoni is a graduate of Rhode Island School of Design and lives in Ballard, Washington. Her work is detailed, expressive, and busting with personality. This piece makes me smile every time I look at it. Tiphoni has been experimenting with interactive art and this is a great example. If you push the the lever the toast goes down into the toaster and then flies out when you push the button in the front!  You never know on which side the toast will land! Tiphoni also has a successful web design business. You can read about and/or contact, buy from, or hire her at www.tiphoni.com. She also blogs at http://tiphoni.blogspot.com.

HELP!

I'm going d-o-o-w-w-n!

The evil side of toasty.


Sam Buchanan is one of my former 8th grade English students although he probably would rather forget he even knows me. Even then he was (and still is) one of the most multi-talented students I ever had in 30 years of teaching. We both survived that year and I was a better teacher from the experience. He is a graduate of the University of Oregon. Both Tiphoni and Sam work in a way that I am more drawn to individual pieces than the overall style but I think you will agree they are very talented kids! You can see more of Sam's work and purchase them at www.sambuchanan.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment